Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mashed Cauliflower

There are a ton of recipes out there on various Paleo (and healthy) sites touting the use of cauliflower as a healthier (and just as tasty) substitute for Mashed Potatoes.  I finally decided to find out for myself.  Using this recipe as my base I steamed the cauliflower and garlic, added some salt & pepper and set my Ninja to the task of "mashing" the cauliflower.

End result: if you like grits you might be ok with this potato substitute, but I'll stick to mashed potatoes.  I've never been a fan of grits... as that gritty texture just doesn't do it for me. Mashed cauliflower has that same gritty texture.  Or did I do something wrong? If I did something wrong, please tell me, but I doubt I'll be trying this again any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment